To apply, email this job to yourself and open on a desktop to submit your application.
Purpose & Overview
This role will support our full supply chain capability for the enterprise with primary responsibility for Manhattan TMS 2015 with Cognos reporting within our enterprise. Work responsibilities will include executing the full SDLC activities to implement Manhattan TMS in our environment and then to continue support and any enhancement of that system in the future. The associate will also be expected to be a technical mentor to the more junior resources on the team. Associate will report to a Bangalore based Manager and partner closely with US and Hong Kong based teammates.
* Participate in the project to implement Manhattan TMS 2015 with Cognos reporting to replace the current WMS. Duties will include work in all phases of the SDLC:
- Participate in meetings with users to determine requirements and scope
- Create the functional design and document it
- Create the technical design and document it
- Code, unit test, and implement programs with high complexity levels
* Post implementation, execute production support duties including;
- Break / fix support with a goal to reduce repetitive failures and the overall number of failures.
- Monitor and resolve system performance issues
- Participate in the on-call support rotation with other team members across Bangalore and the US. A typical on-call rotation is 8AM to 8PM IST and primary on-call duty is rotated weekly.
- Assist end users in resolving and identifying system issues by providing application knowledge and technical expertise
* Mentor and/or train more junior teammates
* Suggest and participate in continuous improvement initiatives with the team to increase the overall stability of the systems, improve ease of use or support of the systems, and improve development and support processes
* Bachelor's degree from accredited university or college
* Five-plus years of information systems development experience; minimum two years of project design activities
* Technical Skills Required:
- Manhattan TMS v2015
* Experience with IBM Cognos reporting embedded in the Manhattant TMS solution is preferred
* Logistics experience a plus.
* Proven ability to work independently on projects
* Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication, interpersonal, organizational, collaboration, and problem solving skills