To apply, email this job to yourself and open on a desktop to submit your application.
The Business Objects Tech Lead will have end-to-end expertise in BO design, development, support and administration. Should have experience in data warehousing and will apply proven communication, testing, documentation and problem-solving skills to enhance the BI processes and reporting in BO to provide end-users with accurate data in both ad-hoc and dashboard reporting. Should have reasonable knowledge in SAP BW architecture and BEx reports. This person will be working globally, with teams offshore remotely and on location. Responsible for the growth and maintenance of the SAP BO business intelligence portfolio and will be focused on agile reporting methodologies.
* Over 8 years of experience in Information Technology that includes 8 plus years of expertise as Business Objects Developer/Administrator/Architecture.
* Knowledge in Dimensional Data Modeling with good understanding of Star & Snowflake schemas, fact & dimensional tables, SAP BW architecture and data flow
* Directly engage with business partners for requirement gathering / solution design considering business insights, feasibility analysis, business partner adoption and management of expectations.
* Drive and contribute to all efforts surrounding the implementation of a Business Intelligence solution from requirements gathering, design and architecture, development, testing, documentation and delivery.
* Expert in BOXI 4.1 installation and configuration (apache tomcat server configuration), Metadata (BO repository tables).
* Extensive experience in supporting/maintaining/troubleshooting reports/dashboards/universes/End user’s issues.
* Expert in SAP Business Objects reporting tools like “BI launch pad, Crystal Reports 2011 / 2013, Crystal Reports for Enterprise, Dashboards, Web Intelligence, Query Builder, Auditor and Information Design Tool” including lower versions.
* Define and implement data security as appropriate.
* Expert at optimizing, debugging and testing SQL Queries and stored procedures.
* Performance tuning of reporting solutions to identify and correct performance and efficiency gaps.
* Hands on experience in Installation/upgrade & Configuration of Business Objects Enterprise.
* Expert in trouble shooting issues during installation of Business Objects Enterprise.
* Efficiently lead small to large sized teams in various assignments.
* Responsible for Participation in project estimation and Deployment Strategy.
* Develop the design plans and technical design documents for development of the business requirements.
* Responsible and accountable for the delivery of large & complex Business Objects centric projects.
* Act as the primary point of communication with business analysts, developers, project sponsors and stakeholders during the agile life cycle of a BI project
* Ensures high quality, adherence to standards and best practices, high performance and scalable and on time deliverables.
* Excellent team player with very good Communication skills and problem solving abilities.
* Apply Quality Assurance methods to ensure that information provided to business users is accurate and actionable.
* Provide technical direction and coaching through design and support for onshore and offshore associates.
* Bachelor’s Degree (Engineering/MCA, preferably in Computer Science/ Information Systems)
* Minimum of 8 years’ experience in BOBJ suite, with 5 years in an architect role
* Experience with all components of the BOBJ Suite in development and administration.
* Proven ability to elicit, interpret and deliver business requirements through direct interaction with business partners at multiple levels
* Excellent knowledge of data warehousing principles.
* Exposure to reporting on SAP BW and other OLAP/OLTP systems.
* Experience SQL\Stored Procedures programming knowledge.
* Expert in Business Objects reporting tools like “BI launch pad, Crystal Reports 2011 / 2013, Crystal Reports for Enterprise, Dashboards, Web Intelligence and Information Design Tool” including lower versions.
* Exposure to XCelsius , SAP Lumira and SAP Design studio is preferred.
* Proven Project Management experience. Scrum Certification is a plus.
* Proven experience directing the work of others as team.
* Proven retail knowledge is preferred.
* Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills.
* Ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment.