To apply, email this job to yourself and open on a desktop to submit your application.
Purpose & Overview
This is an individual contributor position (no direct reports) that will be responsible for executing existing automated test scripts, updating existing automated test scripts, and building new automated test scripts to assist in project and production support testing across all of the application Mast Global Technologies supports for its retail platform. This position is on the Performance Testing and Testing Automation team. This team is part of a larger QA Team that will also have a QA Process and Audit team and a Testing Execution team. This individual will work closely with the larger QA team with members in Bangalore India and Columbus Ohio.
* Upon being assigned to a project, lead execution of automated scripts or build of automated scripts for that project. At any time a defect is found in the automated script, update that script to match the current system functionality.
* Collaborate with the full automated test team and the testing delivery team to build the full automated test suite for regression testing and then maintain that test suite through its lifecycle.
* Collaborate with the full QA team to deliver against team objectives for continuous improvement in the process, technology, or associates on the team.
* Provide guidance and mentorship to other members of the team as required.
* Identify and drives issues to closure.
* knowledge of automated frameworks – hybrid, keyword.
* experienced in SDLC and one or more methodologies such as waterfall, agile, iterative,
* ability to work across multiple projects, possibly in multiple technologies.
* ability to work independently on assignments once scope and assignment is defined.
* effectively communicate status, issues, risks and potential solutions. Must be able to assess impact of an issue and escalate based on that impact.
* Experience in VBScript, QTP.
* Basic knowledge of relational databases such as Oracle, SQL Server.
* Awareness of core testing tools - HP Quality Center, HP Performance Center / LoadRunner, HP QuickTest Pro.
* Automation experience within the Windows OS environment
* Beneficial but not mandatory: previous experience in a retail or supply chain industry
* Beneficial but not mandatory: experience in Selenium, Groovy/Grails.
* Beneficial but not mandatory: experience in multiple scripting languages such as Java, C, C++, Ruby, Perl, Python.
* Mid-level with 5-7 years of experience. Last 2-3 years must have been focused on automation in QTP.