To apply, email this job to yourself and open on a desktop to submit your application.
The Enterprise Data Warehouse Technical Lead provides leadership and coordination of all technical aspects of BI development activities required to enable Business Intelligence solutions for L Brands.
Responsibilities will include leading a team of senior and mid-level technical associates, providing technical guidance, coaching and mentoring.
Responsibilities will also include providing technical solutions to complex business requirements through innovative data architecture design and ETL solutions. This role requires hands-on experience in data warehouse, business intelligence and ETL technologies, techniques, and architecture. This role will interface and work in collaboration with a highly talented, energetic and diverse BI team and other cross functional (POS, finance, manufacturing, enterprise planning, HRMS and several other systems) teams to devise end-to-end solutions.
* Acts as a lead engineer with ETL, Data Integration and Data Architecture in Business Intelligence (BI).
* Oversee activities for all assigned projects from planning to delivery as well as support to ensure that projects meet all the requirements.
* Facilitates communication upward and across project teams.
* Review business and technical requirements and ensure the data integration platform meets requirements.
* Apply industry best practices for ETL design and development.
* Lead design, development and implementation of end-to-end complex ETL system using Data Stage.
* Provide ETL requirements analysis, produce written deliverables for technical design, system testing and implementation activities.
* Design, develop and maintain conceptual, logical and physical data models for Enterprise Data warehouse.
Revised: February 2015 Page 2 of 2
* Translate requirements into logical and physical data models using Erwin.
* Participate in ETL requirement design activities. Coordinate in requirements input to logical and physical data model changes and collaborate to determine best data structure to deliver BI requirements.
* Assist in developing ETL flows, source to target maps, transformation rules and framework to support ETL development. Prepare and execute migration packages for new and modified ETL code and objects.
* Recommend continuous improvement of the ETL architecture and processes.
* Knowledgeable in concepts around distributed system and system integration.
* This role also requires hands-on experience in developing applications involving distributed systems, technologies and different programming languages.
* Demonstrates a strong sense of ownership
* Bachelor’s Degree (Engineering/MCA) and at least 8 -10 years of experience in IT
* 5 years of experience in ETL design and development.
* 4+ years’ experience in Data Stage for Data Extraction, Data Mapping and Data Conversion
* 4 years’ experience with indexing, partitioning and data design performance with Teradata
* 4+ years SQL Experience
* 3 years’ experience as a data modeler for multi-terabyte data warehouse projects.
* 3 years’ experience on developing logical and physical data models; preferably 2 years within the Retail industry
* 3+ years of experience in scripting languages like Shell, Perl, awk.
* 3+ years’ experience in Teradata
* 2 years’ experience working in Erwin tool is a plus.
* Good exposure in programming languages like C, C++ or Java.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills are a must
* Strong relational and dimensional data modeling and database design skills
* Knowledge of retail business domain is a plus
* Strong skills with database management tools, methodologies, and technologies exhibited through a portfolio that demonstrates best in class end-to-end data models that include multiple large and small scale data sources and complex applications that may include data warehouses and transactional systems.