To apply, email this job to yourself and open on a desktop to submit your application.
Responsible for establishing the Infrastructure Capacity Management practice at LBrands. Primary duties for this position include tracking, analyzing, reporting, and forecasting capacity levels of various Infrastructure realms including server, storage, network and database infrastructure capacities, with an initial focus on compute and storage in the Open Systems Virtualized VMWare Infrastructure. Responsible for determining future needs for expansion or reclamation of infrastructure capacities based on projected demand and growth. Longer term, this position work with Build and Design teams to execute infrastructure purchases to support such analysis.
- Develop and maintain baseline performance and capacity resource metrics and forecasts
- Utilize VMWare and other vendor tools to track, analyze, and report infrastructure performance, utilization, and operational metrics - ie., VMWARE vRealize Operations, HDS UCP Director, HDS CommandSuite and Tuning Manager
- Identify the actual components and metrics to be tracked, analyzed and reported against
- Develops consolidated reporting on same for key stakeholders. Produce detail capacity modeling results documentation and present findings to management
- Work with Automation Engineer to create automation methods for such reporting
- Work with BPM, O&I and Design teams to understand upcoming capacity demand requirements of the business and technology projects
- Identify trends of both steady state growth in capacity demands, as well as any possible short-term or seasonal increase/decrease in capacity demands.
o Work with Build and Design teams to create methods of satisfying short-term requirements
o Report any projected performance and stability issues presented by shortcomings in either capacity or management, based on the above reporting. Work with Build and Design team to mitigate same
o Work with Build and Design teams to create infrastructure purchase plans to satisfy long-term growth and demand requirements
- Assist with Tier 3 support issues related to Infrastructure capacity and performance, especially based on over- or under-utilized infrastructure
- Assist Build team in efficiency improvements based on capacity or performance analysis
- Identify any opportunities presented by new technologies, software - or improvement in existing - to improve capacity and performance reporting.
- Expand capacity management to include network, telecom, database infrastructure (Exadata, Teradata) and other physical or virtual infrastructure, such as telephony systems.
- Expand capacity management to Unstructured Storage infrastructure
- Work with local SMEs and management in those Build areas to distribute local responsibility for capacity reporting
o Identify training opportunities for Build team
- 4 year degree in Computer Information Systems or an equivalent combination of course work and job experience
- Experience and extensive knowledge with capacity and performance management and working with associated tools
- Experience working with large sets of data and conducting data analysis
- 3-5 years related experience in infrastructure management and administration
- Exhibit good working knowledge of key technical concepts in major infrastructure components including:
o Operating systems (Windows and Linux)
o Storage and SAN
o Good working knowledge of VMWare vRealize Operations and VMWare suite desirable
- Ability to learn and apply new tools and concepts quickly
- Ability to communicate effectively with peers, management and business partners clearly and concisely, both in writing and orally
- Good organizational skills
L Brands, through its high-emotion brands Victoria's Secret, Bath and Body Works, Pink, La Senza and Henri Bendel, is an international specialty retailer delivering lingerie, personal care and beauty products, apparel and accessories to customers worldwide. Our brands are available in more than 2,600 retail stores in the United States, more than 680 international locations, and through our award-winning internet and catalogue channels. L Brands, which recorded sales of $10.5 billion in 2012 and employs more than 90,000 associates, was Fortune's 2011 World's Most Admired specialty retailer.