Software Engineer, Testing- Stores
To apply, email this job to yourself and open on a desktop to submit your application.
Purpose & Overview:
This is an individual contributor position (no direct reports) that will be responsible for delivering on QA test execution with supervision.
This position is responsible for the identification and execution of application testing as it relates to Stores. This includes the identification of Functional, Technical and Integration related defects; as well as the effective documentation of defects to expedite resolution. This individual will work closely with the larger QA team with members in Bangalore India and Columbus Ohio.
Looking for a candidate having 4-5 years of total work experience.
- Participation in Test Scenario and Test Case identification
- Creation and Maintenance of Test Scenarios and Test Cases
- Identification and Maintenance of Test Data
- Execution of Functional and System Tests
- Documentation of test execution utilizing HP ALM
- Proactively identify functional, technical, and integration related defects.
- Perform preliminary trouble shooting of defects to facilitate quick resolution
- Documentation of defects utilizing HP ALM
- Effectively communicate issues and risks in addition to daily testing status to Team Lead or Test Lead
- Experience on Selling systems like point of Sale or Retalix
- Delivery experience on projects using a defined Software Development Lifecycle and Project Management methodologies.
- Retail experience with Point of Sale Oracle platform experience preferred
- Exposure to software testing methodologies (test planning, test scope identification, test case
development, test execution, defect management).
- Organizational and planning skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, proactive participation in Team environment
- Effective documentation and communication skills
- Experience using HP Quality Center/ALM
- Demonstrates analytical skills to assist in solving problems and making decisions. Applies a systematic approach to data gathering and analysis to assist in making key decisions support by facts.
- Takes pride in delivering quality work to meet the needs of clients and customers.