Technologist, Raw Materials
Hong Kong,, Hong Kong
To apply, email this job to yourself and open on a desktop to submit your application.
Job ID: 14761
- To partner with Design to understand trims trends, and brand requirements.
- To go beyond normal sourcing activities to better understand the suppliers, their capabilities and products to ensure we support the brand with the most trend right trim from the most responsive and flexible suppliers, capable of anticipating and meeting our requirements.
- To keep abreast of the FE trims market and supply base to constantly seek innovation.
- Liaise directly with the New York Raw Materials/Design teams across all sub-brands for sourcing and coordination of non-launch decorative and functional trims within the Far East region.
- Interpret and then communicate trend information passed from the Design Team onto the regional supply base.
- Implement, track and report specific NY trim development requests, with updates weekly via conference calls/charts.
- Ensure developments are production viable; hi-light technical issues and provide alternative solutions.
- Review all seasonal developments prior to submission to NY to ensure Design Intent has been fulfilled.
- Communicate all required technical specifications, and testing requirements to existing suppliers, and develop adequate audit systems to ensure compliance.
- Source and conduct supplier evaluations as appropriate for potential new suppliers. Make recommendations regarding potential to meet the brand’s requirements.
- Fully on board and train new suppliers that meet the brand’s criteria and requirements.
- Travel to factories on need basis
- An education in either Textile Design or Textile Science/Technology to degree level or equivalent.
- Practical experience in raw material sourcing & development particularly in trims and accessories for Intimates