To apply, email this job to yourself and open on a desktop to submit your application.
The Sr. Demand & Deployment Analyst will be responsible for supporting the Market Intensification Blue Chip in the Demand Forecasting and Inventory Deployment areas within the MP&A function, as outlined below. The position reports to the Manager, Market Intensification.
Inventory Distortion Management (35%)
- Develop detailed by-store, by-category inventory distortion targets which align with stretch targets determined by Finance.
- Partner with Demand Forecasting and Inventory Deployment (D&D) management team to develop most effective process for ensuring each store receives distorted inventory to target and appropriate preference in constraint situations. Informally document procedures and ensure impacted individuals understand their individual responsibilities in the process.
- Partner with D&D Management to develop most effective process for purchasing designated incremental Basics inventory to support initiative. Informally document procedures and ensure impacted individuals understand their individual responsibilities in the process.
- Partner with Planning Management to develop most effective process for purchasing designated incremental Fashion inventory to support initiative. Informally document procedures and ensure impacted individuals understand their individual responsibilities in the process.
- Continually recommend target refinements and/or inventory management best practices which seek to minimize additional markdowns as a result of inventory distortion. Ensure executive alignment to distortion approach at least quarterly.
- Perform pre-optimization profile and size curve analysis for new stores/markets prior to entering Optimization to inform distortion approach.
- Ensure best-practice application continually supports Optimization stores (e.g. when new best practices are identified via other Blue Chips). In addition, develop best practices that can be cascaded to Internal D&D partners.
Reporting, Analysis, and Exception Management (35%)
- Determine additional weekly/monthly reporting required by D&D for purposes of ensuring appropriate and balanced inventory distortion. Develop reporting and informally document procedures.
- Perform review of other current reporting, in partnership with project members, to ensure one efficient and consistent suite of analytics is provided to executive leadership.
- Develop best practice analytics which unearth sales pattern emergence from market/store incubation activities.
- Review market store forecast and inventory behavior exceptions using existing tools (or developing additional tools where needed). Work with individual Demand Forecasters and Inventory Deployment Analysts to ensure warranted actions are taken and tracked.
Field and Project Partner Interface (30%)
- Provide special interface to Optimization RM and DM partners for inventory-related questions. Personally respond to inquiries or ensure follow-up is achieved. Be available for conference calls if warranted.
- Travel to Optimization markets with project team or individually to listen for customer-informed opportunities, observe distortion efforts, obtain store feedback, etc.
- Share and discuss selling pattern observations with RM/DM partners and MI Merchant. When possible, support special tests to confirm proposed opportunities.
- Compare best practices and lessons learned with partner Sr. Analysts; optimize workload sharing opportunities.
- Ensure prioritization of D&D actions is aligned with and understood by initiative executives.
- Attend project meetings and provide required support.
- 3-5 years of high-volume, multi-location inventory management experience, ideally in Demand Forecasting or Inventory Deployment at Limitedbrands. Would also consider relevant experience in Merchandise Planning, Space Planning, Finance, Store Operations, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically turning information into insights through analysis and research.
- Demonstrated ability to partner and negotiate effectively across organizational boundaries; highly collaborative.
- Demonstrated ability to provide, explain, and discuss information related to inventory management at the right level of detail and complexity for the audience at hand.
- Excellent prioritization, process optimization, project management, and problem-solving capabilities.
- Strong computer skills with ability to manipulate large amounts of data. Experience in EDW/Microstrategy, Manugistics, and SAP.
- Bachelor degree in business, finance, statistics, operations, or supply chain.
About Victoria's Secret
Victoria's Secret is the best lingerie brand in the world and dominates the global marketplace. There is no close second. Our name has become synonymous with all things feminine and sexy-from lingerie and sleepwear, to beauty products, to swim, sport and beyond. Whether shopping our stores, catalogue or website, or watching the Victoria's Secret Angels on the runway of the world's biggest fashion show, Victoria's Secret brings fantasy to life. We're innovative and have evolved and stayed relevant for 35+ years because of our fundamental belief that the customer rules!