To apply, email this job to yourself and open on a desktop to submit your application.
The Sr Demand Forecaster is responsible for creating chain and store level unit-based forecasts by week, and establishing unique store-level size curves for all planned choices in his/her assigned Victoria's Secret Lingerie category.
In the execution of responsibilities for this role, the Sr Demand Forecaster will utilize several business applications including, but not limited to: Manugistics Demand, SPARK, MicroStrategy. Pre-season, the Sr. Demand Forecaster works to align with cross-functional partners in Inventory Deployment, Merchandise Planning, Space Planning and Merchants to influence forecast methodology, which is leveraged for both Order and Deployment Planning. Once in-season, work is focused on managing weekly performance exceptions to the overall merchandise plan through a read/react process tightly integrated with the Inventory Deployment Team.
Reports to Supervisor / Manager of Demand Forecasting
No Direct Reports, but may coach and mentor demand forecasters
Must possess the ability to:
- Forecast basic and/or fashion lingerie and intimate apparel at the chain and store levels, including promotions, using advanced forecasting software
- Develop and articulate a fact-based analytical approach to forecast decisions, monitor results, and action necessary adjustments with exceptional change agility
- Understand and apply retail forecast methodologies/ basic statistics
- Utilize actual sales data to manage store demand and size-curve exceptions, tuning forecasts as appropriate
- Perform size-level analysis and recommend size curves for each choice in the business used in the execution of buy and deployment processes
- Ensure all planned item / location combinations have a system-defined planogram and are setup with accurately balanced forecast
- Identify and correct process and systemic issues using data diagnostic tools and develop external reporting to identify trends/ root causes.
- Strategize across several seasons at any given time.
- Best-practice identification and replication
- Work collaboratively across multiple functions and departments within the organization
- Excellent quantitative analysis skills with forecasting background preferred.
- 3-5 years of analytical experience in merchandise planning, inventory management, forecasting or statistical modeling~ prefer knowledge of planning and allocation methodologies / systems.
- Demonstrated ability to handle competing priorities and interact collaboratively with all levels in the organization.
- Excellent communication, prioritizing and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to be a team player and to foster a commitment to teamwork among other associates.
- Capable of influencing business partners and sharing point of view
- Strong MS Access and Excel skills preferred
- Bachelor's degree in finance, statistics, business, engineering, economics or Business related field, preferred.
About Victoria's Secret
Victoria's Secret is the best lingerie brand in the world and dominates the global marketplace. There is no close second. Our name has become synonymous with all things feminine and sexy-from lingerie and sleepwear, to beauty products, to swim, sport and beyond. Whether shopping our stores, catalogue or website, or watching the Victoria's Secret Angels on the runway of the world's biggest fashion show, Victoria's Secret brings fantasy to life. We're innovative and have evolved and stayed relevant for 35+ years because of our fundamental belief that the customer rules!