To apply, email this job to yourself and open on a desktop to submit your application.
The Associate Designers is responsible for assisting to design product assortments that align with brand strategy for seasonal themes.
ROLES & RESPONSIBLITES
- Responsible for completion of spec and passing completed spec to PD team. (assigning style #s, naming)
We are looking for a talented and creative designer in the 3D hard goods: accessory, décor field. This freelance position will work closely with the Sr Designer to generate new concept designs for home fragrance products within defined themes and seasonal concepts.
- Gather market data on key fashion trends considering such elements as fabrication, materials, color schemes and designs for upcoming seasons.
- Have Knowledge of fabrication, color, applique/prints, sourcing. Have great design eye for detail and fashion trends.
- Researches trends and patterns for upcoming seasons
- Conceptualize & Translate design trends into concepts & designs that respond to merchant line architecture for the relevant product category.
- Experience with 3D design programs (such as Solidworks) is a plus
- Must be adept in drawing accurate 2D views of plastic products through sketching and illustrator-style renderings
- Drawing and illustration skills strongly preferred
- Strong fashion sense with ability to research and translate design trends into graphic concepts that communicate clearly to the customer and meet financial objectives
- Bachelors or equivalent education or experience preferred
- At least two to three years experience in product development or design; specifically with personal care, gifts, accessories and fashion
- Strong sense of design and color plus demonstrated expertise in hard goods and soft goods
- High level of creativity, conceptualization, execution, organization and design skills
- Drawing and computer illustration skills.
- Must have CS training level 3
- Demonstrates ability to design products into Merchant objectives and financial strategy
- Understanding of fabrication and material costs a plus
- Strong fashion sense with ability to translate into product assortment
- Understanding of customer-specific product issues,
- Ability to identify trends in front of the fashion curve
- Ability to communicate and articulate trends
- Must be able to create technical specs
Bath and Body Works, a member of the L Brands family, has reinvented the personal care industry with the introduction of fragrant flavorful indulgences, including shower gels, lotions, candles and accessories. With a focus on creating and offering the best products and an emphasis on innovation from nature, Bath and Body Works is the ultimate personal care destination.