To apply, email this job to yourself and open on a desktop to submit your application.
Responsible for the performance of a given product category or categories on the VictoriasSecret.com website. This includes setting a floor plan that represents the Brand and is aligned with the Business's Seasonal Merchandise Strategy and delivers & exceeds the budgeted volume and profit goals.
- Responsible for the launch of a specific category portion of the site, including: site roadmap, sequencing, pricing & site accuracy, any relevant specialty area(s) of the site; upsells (*new site every 3-4 weeks; daily and weekly data updates can also occur).
- Responsible for business updates to the site which may include: roadmapping; sequencing; creative layouts.
- Decides (and may execute) post-launch sequencing changes based upon customer behavior, selling information and inventory position.
- Collaborates with Planner and influences appropriate change as they relate to inventory management to maximize sales and minimize customer backorders.
- Works with and directs Internet Creative department to develop appropriate layouts (including Landing Page feature products), shopping paths, & navigation for given product category (seasonally and by window).
- Partners with Web Creative team to develop special shop concepts/ideas, page layouts, navigation (shop by feature, shop by style, shop by collection) to support category initiatives and strategies.
- Provides Internet Creative Services with appropriate merchandise selections & message direction for all email and external advertising/promotional placements as appropriate.
- Analyzes stock and sales information; writes Site Early Reads reports based upon sales and site metric information. Shares findings with Merchant & Planning partners.
- Manages in-season business by tracking & analyzing sales information and site metrics in order to identify opportunities to increase sales & site conversion, including: re-roadmapping & re-sequencing, Landing Page feature & cue changes, revising online merchandising strategies based on trend, changing navigation, and executing category offers.
- Attends Core Merchandising Strategy and Line Review meetings to understand seasonal business strategies and product initiatives.
- Strategizes merchandising stories/themes and major product initiatives that align with key category/classification strategies for Internet (including special shops/features).
- Partners with Core Merchants to develop merchandising calendar for Website Home and Landing Pages, distortions, navigation, special initiatives, item image /copy strategy etc.
- Creates and presents seasonal web hindsight document for the category/classification; analyzes user behavior, site metrics and relates findings to sales/site performance. Recommends strategies for next year based upon findings. Presents to web leadership and core merchant/planning partners.
- Works with Marketing to strategize and influence site execution of category offers.
- Creates, executes and analyzes category up-sell strategies to drive volume.
- If category has a Freelancer(s), oversees site set-up work.
- Provides leadership and individual developmental growth to associate and/or assistant merchandisers in the department.
- Partners with Internet Merchandise Manager/Senior Merchandiser/AVP and Merchandising counterparts to ensure that a cohesive viewpoint transcends departmental lines and maintains Brand integrity.
- Takes leadership role in how to take categories To Next in the online space.
- Patterns other web sites, comparing product and functionality to our site.
- Monitors, analyzes, and helps to define white space opportunities for category's internal search results and makes necessary changes to pull successful results (business rules, linguistics, copy changes).
- Understands content management system and its merchandising ability and potential; able to mine for new merchandising opportunities using content management functionality.
- Acute sense of brand
- Strategic and analytical thinker
- Ability to analyze and synthesize information, conclusions and recommend actions
- Ability to develop and build cooperative working relationships
- Ability to collaborate with all levels in an organization
- Achievement oriented with demonstrated leadership potential
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multitask
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills
- High taste level with proven talent to create a cohesive fashion viewpoint
- Ability to input and manipulate data in our internet database.
- At least 5-7 years of related work experience in Merchandising/Buying
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
- Leading and managing a team
- PC proficiency in Microsoft Excel & Word
- Proven analytical experience required
- Previous internet experience required
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing
REPORTS TO: Senior Internet Merchandiser; Director or AVP, Internet Merchandising
STAFF RESPONSIBILITIES: Assistant or Associate Internet Merchandiser
LOCATION/TRAVEL: New York-based: Some domestic travel (Columbus)
Victoria's Secret, a member of the Limited Brands family, is the most powerful, best-recognized and sexiest lingerie brand in the world. Victoria's Secret inspires confidence with fashion, glamour and a touch of fantasy through its assortment of intimate apparel, beauty products, sleepwear, hosiery, and more. The Victoria's Secret brand, from its one-of-a-kind broadcast fashion show and supermodel Angels to its iconic striped shopping bag are known and desired the world over.
About Victoria's Secret
Victoria's Secret is the best lingerie brand in the world and dominates the global marketplace. There is no close second. Our name has become synonymous with all things feminine and sexy-from lingerie and sleepwear, to beauty products, to swim, sport and beyond. Whether shopping our stores, catalogue or website, or watching the Victoria's Secret Angels on the runway of the world's biggest fashion show, Victoria's Secret brings fantasy to life. We're innovative and have evolved and stayed relevant for 35+ years because of our fundamental belief that the customer rules!