To apply, email this job to yourself and open on a desktop to submit your application.
The Demand Forecaster is responsible for creating and monitoring store level forecasts for a book of business based on historical performance and projected event lifts. Using Manugistics, Demand Forecasters will draw on various statistical algorithms to project future performance based on past results. Collaborates with the Merchandise Planner to incorporate broader business impacts and drive to a one number unit demand plan and will manage exceptions of item performance by format, cluster and store. Typically reports to the Manager, Demand Forecasting. Typically no direct reports.
- Develop store level contributions based on historical selling patterns.
- Adopt the chain level sales plan from Merchandise Planning in order to establish store level unit
- Act as a resource for planning team to assist in forecasting unique events or promotions
- Partner with the Real Estate team to set up new stores and adjust forecasts as appropriate for
temporary closings, renovations, etc
- Ensure that the forecast accuracy for all regular business items is maintained to category specific
- Proactively analyze builds and seasonality patterns for all stores to adjust forecasts for store level
behavior changes during holiday time periods
- Analyze and report on store segmentation to identify trends and adjust forecasts as necessary for all
Regular Business and launches
- Partner with Inventory Deployment Analysts on store callouts to ensure adequate inventory is
deployed to stores based on the Demand Forecaster's store forecasts.
- Partner with Retail Merchant partners to identify the root cause of stores that either greatly exceed or
miss store level forecasts.
- 2-4 years of experience in merchandise planning, inventory management, forecasting or statistical
- Experience in high volume, multi-location distribution environment in specialty retail or consumer
- Proficient with forecasting methodologies and/or statistical modeling
- Experience with trend analysis, promotion planning, event forecasting
- Identifies root causes and drivers
- Strong communication skills; concisely presents complex information/recommendations in terms
meaningful to various audiences.
- Identifies/influences critical stakeholders - proactively problem solves and recommends solutions.
- Business intelligence - understands and executes against business strategy; understands the
context in which demand happens.
- Strong computer skills (PC-based); demonstrated ability to learn and apply new software
technology. Systems used: Manugistics, Microstrategy.
- Builds and maintains collaborative relationships
- Optimization Mindset - Designs and develops models/plans to optimize decisions; performance-
based decision making
- Bachelor degree in finance, statistics, business, engineering, operations or economics
PINK, a member of the L Brands family, is the dominant aspirational lifestyle brand for the collegiate girl. VS Pink celebrates campus life through its assortment of sleepwear, loungewear and bras and panties designed to appeal to the spirit, humor, optimism and self-confidence of the girl who wears, loves and lives PINK.