To apply, email this job to yourself and open on a desktop to submit your application.
Area of Focus - MicroStrategy & Business Objects
This role will provide production support for the L Brands reporting technologies like MicroStrategy and Business Objects . The Production Support Engineer is responsible for resolving issues related to the design, development, and results of reports and dashboards. This candidate will have development, test/validation, support and administration tasks within the reporting environment. These responsibilities include configuring project architecture, developing metrics, attributes, hierarchies, performing user and user group maintenance, monitoring system performance and technical infrastructure and end user and application support responsibilities.
This role requires experience in Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence application technologies. Experience in customer engagement (requirements alignment and first level support) are preferred. Experience in Waterfall, and Agile object delivery processes are preferred.
- Provide multi-tiered application support including - incident management, user, application and data issues, system availability and maintenance, including 24/7 rotating on call responsibilities as assigned
- Develop, maintain and communicate best practices and standards
- Ability to develop and support schema objects, build grids, graphs, reports, documents and dashboards
- Create enhance and support report objects, metrics, filters, and prompts as needed
- Collaborate with cross functional BI team members and end users to define requirements and reporting specifications and provide technical assistance
- Collaborate with data modelers, and ETL developers to understand data sources and propose data warehouse designs to support reporting needs & resolve incidents
- Deliver required documentation for build, and support responsibilities, including architecture and data flow diagrams
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 1-3 years of experience designing, developing, testing and supporting MicroStrategy
- 1-3 years of experience in supporting MicroStrategy on Teradata
- 1-3 years of experience in Business Objects
- Experience in Control M or similar enterprise scheduling
- Experience in Microsoft Office including Sharepoint, Visio and Project
- Strong SQL skills is a must
- Knowledge of OLAP methodologies
- Strong analytical and communication skills
L Brands, through its high-emotion brands Victoria's Secret, Bath and Body Works, Pink, La Senza and Henri Bendel, is an international specialty retailer delivering lingerie, personal care and beauty products, apparel and accessories to customers worldwide. Our brands are available in more than 2,600 retail stores in the United States, more than 680 international locations, and through our award-winning internet and catalogue channels. L Brands, which recorded sales of $10.5 billion in 2012 and employs more than 90,000 associates, was Fortune's 2011 World's Most Admired specialty retailer.