To apply, email this job to yourself and open on a desktop to submit your application.
Purpose/Description: The Micro Space Planner is responsible for all store display iterations for a book of business (collection of Sub-Brands or Classes of merchandise), particularly the translation of sales plans to planogram iterations, focusing on both store profitability and a compelling customer shopping experience. Additionally, the Micro Space Planner will target skus & productivity in order to influence future assortments. The Micro Space Planner will establish and maintain strong partnerships between Merchandising, Visual Merchandising, Visual Communications, Merchandise Planning and Inventory Deployment for all related pre-season and in-season planogram activities. This position will maintain visibility to store issues and concerns related to Floorset execution and represent that point of view in the planning process. The Micro Space Planner reports to the Space Optimization Manager.
o Partner with Visual Merchandising and Visual Communications to establish and execute in-store merchandising display strategies and marketing presence
o Load cluster level assortment plan from Merchandise Planning into Shelf Assortment (SA) to perform a facing and depth optimization in order to develop assortment iterations for all store configurations (size, format, and fixture type).
o Develop finalized planograms (from the assortment iterations) that are ready for execution at the stores. These finalized Planograms will be both optimized (sales or margin) and accurately reflect the physical set the store will follow
o Participate in the floorset planning process - provide pre-set floorset report to inform decision-making
o Manage the fixture iterations for all store configurations (size, format, and fixture type)
o Convert Visual Merchandisings floorset concept into a store assortment update, via planograms
o Establish and pass the minimum presentation quantity to inventory deployment
o Provide a store list for marketing bill of materials
o Update the store level assortments, via the planogram, for shifts to the plan, strategy, supply, or performance
o Take feedback from stores regarding planograms - evaluate and accommodate as appropriate
o Participate in store visits/floorsets to gather insight as to the effectiveness of the displays
o Monitor store compliance to the execution of the planogram
Integrate with partners on execution of tests, launches, and edits; conduct impact analysis and provide recommendations
Reporting and Analysis
- Produce service level reports based on minimum presentation by planogram
- Provide sku & productivity targets in preparation for theme concept review meeting
- Prepare variance reports and pre-set floorset review reports for merchants for use during the floorset process.
- Produce fixture productivity reports which evaluates productivity by table for each theme.
- Perform year-over-year analysis to inform floorset process
- Conduct item level space productivity analysis - providing pertinent inventory and sales information to determine optimal levels to set by
- Choice in walls and fixtures and then communicated to Merchants in preparation for floorsets.
- Partner with Visual Merchandising and Visual Communications to establish and execute in-store merchandising display strategies and marketing presence
- Integrate with Merchandising, Planning, Visual Merchandising, and Inventory Deployment to represent the opportunities and constraints that the physical environment creates at store level.
- Partner with Inventory Deployment to monitor impact of events and future presentation levels on inventory and provide corrective action.
- Proactively provide recommendations to Merchants and Visual Merchandising as well as drive decisions regarding display of products and merchandising.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, operations, or business administration
- 3 years of retail experience; preference for background in space planning, merchandising and clustering experience. Store and/or visual merchandising experience is desirable.
- Understanding of effective merchandising and visual merchandising standards; space/shelf mgmt; display strategy, production mgmt, process development; retail operations
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work; detail-oriented.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Access
- Optimization mindset - Designs and develops models/plans to optimize decisions
- Ability to partner with key stakeholders in the Floorset process; communicates and builds partnerships cross-functionally; collaborative planning
- Identifies/influences critical stakeholders - proactively problem solves and recommends solutions; performance-based decision making
- Strong communication and presentation skills: concisely presents complex information/recommendations in terms meaningful to various audiences
- Ability to work in a fast-paced corporate retail environment
- Strong computer skills (PC-based); demonstrated ability to learn and apply new software technology; experience in related merchandising and planogram software; digital assets management. Systems used: JDA, Intactix (Space Planning, Shelf Assortment, IKB), SAP, CCI; Microstrategy.
- Retail math skills
Bath and Body Works, a member of the L Brands family, has reinvented the personal care industry with the introduction of fragrant flavorful indulgences, including shower gels, lotions, candles and accessories. With a focus on creating and offering the best products and an emphasis on innovation from nature, Bath and Body Works is the ultimate personal care destination.