To apply, email this job to yourself and open on a desktop to submit your application.
Manager level position responsible for creating commercially viable product designs for a mid-high volume category/collection. Presents and delivers brand-right designs that tie back to the overall concept
and business strategy; encompassing style, color/print, fit and fabric for new/existing product lines.
Researches and interprets fashion trends and consumer needs that uphold the integrity of the product
lines/brand. Demonstrates a passion for the brand, inspires individuals and relies on managerial skills to plan and accomplish goals. Manages work under moderate supervision, exercising a moderate degree of
scope/decision making. Reports to Director level or above, and typically manages at the Assistant/Associate level.
- Create brand-right, commercial designs that reflect the conceptual direction/business strategy.
- Develop seasonal product with a focus on style, fit and fabric.
- Adapt designs based on feedback, incorporating for finalization.
- Implement processes to understand/anticipate the needs of the customer in order to exceed customer expectations and readily react to their needs.
- Deliver product designs with flawless execution; achieving goals with speed, agility and acute attention to detail.
- Identify and recommend resources in sourcing new ideas, both internally and externally, and conduct ongoing competitor research/trend analysis.
- Collaborate and communicate with key partners throughout the design process including Merchandising, Marketing, Product Development, and Surface Design.
- Present designs to internal leader/team as well as key cross-functional partners.
- Execute design sketches/prototypes and provide specifications.
- Anticipate/solve potential issues and provide conflict resolution.
- Manage, inspire and develop junior design talent.
- Build/maintain collaborative and effective relationships
- Assess practices to identify opportunities for greater efficiency and speed in delivery.
- Ensure deliverables meet budget and time commitments without compromising design excellence.
- Exceptional talent with a commercial fashion eye and detail in product styling/performance.
- Demonstrated ability to create original design sketches and successful product lines.
- Customer service philosophy.
- Collaborative partner with a team-oriented approach.
- Highly motivated, passionate and results oriented.
- Solid communication and presentation skills.
- Understand how to motivate and develop talent.
- Champion for change and able to react with speed and agility.
- Flexible and creative problem solver able to exercise outside of the box thinking.
- Personal professionalism and accountability.
- Moderate domestic and minimal international travel.
- Bachelor's degree in Design or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of design experience in a comparable retail environment.
- Microsoft Office proficiency.
- 1+ year operating at Designer level
- Working knowledge of sports teams and/or an interest in sports (Collegiate, MLB, etc.) considered helpful but not required.
PINK, a member of the L Brands family, is the dominant aspirational lifestyle brand for the collegiate girl. VS Pink celebrates campus life through its assortment of sleepwear, loungewear and bras and panties designed to appeal to the spirit, humor, optimism and self-confidence of the girl who wears, loves and lives PINK.