To apply, email this job to yourself and open on a desktop to submit your application.
Responsible for the performance of a given product category on the BathandBodyWorks.com website. This includes 'setting a floor plan' that represents the Brand and is aligned with the Business' Seasonal Merchandise Strategy and delivering or exceeding the budgeted volume and profit goals.
- Executes each internet site based upon assortment plans.
- Proofs the site prior to launch date. Reviews every section, page, and every style number and
creates each product page.
- Responsible for the launch of a specific category portion of the site, including: site roadmap,
sequencing, pricing & site accuracy, any relevant specialty area(s) of the site; upsells (*new site
every 3-4 weeks; daily and weekly data updates can also occur).
- Partners with category Planner to ensure the information in the Mainframe matches info in the
Content Management System and item set-up aligns with strategic intent and optimizes site - floor
- Responsible for business updates to the site which may include: roadmapping; sequencing;
- Decides and executes post-launch sequencing changes based upon customer behavior, selling
information and inventory position.
- Collaborates with Planner and influences appropriate change as they relate to inventory
management to maximize sales and minimize customer backorders.
- Works with Creative department to develop appropriate layouts (including Landing Page feature
products), shopping paths, & navigation for given product category (seasonally and by window).
- Chooses appropriate merchandise selection & message direction for all email and external
advertising/promotional placements as appropriate and submits to Internet Creative Services.
- Analyzes stock and sales information; writes Site Early Reads reports based upon sales and site
metric information. Shares findings with Merchant & Planning partners.
- Executes in-season business by tracking & analyzing sales information and site metrics in order to
identify opportunities to increase sales & site conversion, including: re-roadmapping & re-
sequencing, Landing Page feature & cue changes, revising online merchandising strategies based
on trend, changing navigation, and executing category offers.
- Attends Core Merchandising Strategy and Line Review meetings to understand seasonal business
strategies and product initiatives.
- Develops merchandising stories/themes and major product initiatives that align with key
category/classification strategies for Internet (including special shops/features).
- Partners with Core Merchants to develop merchandising calendar for Website Home and Landing
Pages, distortions, navigation, special initiatives, item image /copy strategy etc.
- Creates and presents seasonal web hindsight document for the category/classification; analyzes
user behavior, site metrics and relates findings to sales/site performance. Recommends strategies
for next year based upon findings. Presents to web leadership and core merchant/planning partners.
- Works with Marketing to strategize site execution of category offers.
- Creates, executes and analyzes category up-sell strategies to drive volume.
- If category has a Freelancer(s), oversees site set-up work.
- Patterns other web sites, comparing product and functionality to our site.
- Monitors category's internal search results and makes necessary changes to pull successful
results (synonyms, copy changes, redirects).
- Acute sense of brand
- Strategic and analytical thinker
- Ability to analyze and synthesize information, conclusions and recommend actions
- Ability to develop and build cooperative working relationships
- Ability to collaborate with all levels in an organization
- Achievement oriented with demonstrated leadership potential
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multitask
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills
- High taste level with proven talent to create a cohesive fashion viewpoint
- Ability to input and manipulate data in our internet database.
- 3-5 years of related work experience in Merchandising/Buying
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience required
- PC proficiency in Microsoft Excel & Word
- Proven analytical experience required
- Previous internet experience required
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing
REPORTS TO: Internet Merchandiser or Senior Internet Merchandiser
STAFF RESPONSIBILITIES: None
LOCATION/TRAVEL: Columbus, OH-based
Bath and Body Works, a member of the L Brands family, has reinvented the personal care industry with the introduction of fragrant flavorful indulgences, including shower gels, lotions, candles and accessories. With a focus on creating and offering the best products and an emphasis on innovation from nature, Bath and Body Works is the ultimate personal care destination.