To apply, email this job to yourself and open on a desktop to submit your application.
The Digital Production Manager, Mobile Application leads the content planning, delivery, execution and maintenance for the Victoria's Secret's iPhone and Android application. This role partners tightly with Marketing, Creative and Technology leads to deliver a world-class application experience through the development of rich, compelling content planning. Moreover, the Digital Production Manager, Mobile Application develops detailed content plans and schedules, aligns resources and drives deliverables internally, cross-functionally and with external partners. This role identifies and resolves dependencies, issues and mitigates risk throughout content life cycles. Additionally, the role is accountable for clear and frequent status communication across and upwards within the organization; drives accountability and cross-functional alignment; helps develop and deliver content experiences that support brand, merchandising and marketing objectives; and collaborates with partners to develop creative coordination standards, tools and methodology to improve efficiency. This role creates a healthy balance of business priorities and drives consensus throughout content planning and life cycles. Reports to the AVP, Digital.
- Drives the planning, creation and integration of VS application content development, garnering cross-functional strategic alignment from key partners
- Creates and maintains clear processes to determine and execute application content priorities from planning through intake and execution
- Plans and solicits unique content inputs that deliver a best-in-class content strategy differentiated from the marketplace and in tune with consumer expectations
- Patterns the industry and competitive landscape to inform innovation in content planning and roadmaps
- Ensures the apps content mix feels brand-right and balances promotion with emotion
- Accountable for monitoring, tracking, reporting and optimizing content performance with a data and results driven approach, in tight partnership with Analytics
- Establishes realistic and clear content plans, estimates and timelines. Identifies technology and design resource requirements and deliverables, and serves as the single point of coordination for the mobile apps content.
- Responsible for documenting, communicating and maintaining content requirements and standards
- Facilitates execution of deliverables among internal, cross-functional and external partners. Adjusts plans based on changing business needs, load-balances schedules and resources accordingly. Makes recommendations and facilitates decision making among senior management as needed
- Frequent partnership within the Product Team (App ownership), Analytics, Production, Creative teams, and Marketing as well as Web Operations, Internet Merchandising, Publishing, brand partners and external vendors. Ability to collaborate and negotiate with this team and to manage overall expectations
- Leads and participates in meetings internally and cross-functionally. Creates agendas, takes notes and follows-up on action items with appropriate stakeholders. Ensures that such meetings are structured and that the purpose and objectives are clear
- Possesses a passion for creating engaging mobile experiences that build the brand well and meet/exceed financial targets
- Understands each contributing role within a project. Anticipates and mitigates risks and issues before they occur
- Ensures that creative design/usability accurately reflects business priorities and insures optimal usability/customer experience
- Monitors progress toward deadlines (tracking and reporting) regularly with stakeholders and the cross-functional team
- Owns facilitating internal reviews and approval flows. Serves as the single point of contact for feedback, and drives to optimal resolution. Follows-up with team members as necessary to `close the loop-
- Develops and manages the processes for mobile application creative production. Leads and actively participates in hindsight meetings and implements opportunities for improvement
- Builds architectural and interaction maps as needed to illustrate user flows and creative design as needed
- Own the end-to-end quality assurance and validation of application content
- Participates in delivery, staging and validation of content
Producing, developing and or editing compelling engagement content for a top brand
Demonstrated editorial sense for balancing brand and commercial content priorities to deliver a rich content mix
Confident leadership skills coupled with a strategic orientation
Track record of employing best practices to deliver world-class mobile application content, interaction, usability & social experiences
Experience with high-volume content production
Experience within the retail landscape preferred
Thorough knowledge of emerging mobile trends and technologies
Some knowledge of IA and UX best practices
Meticulous attention to detail, deadline oriented & works well under pressure
Skillful in creative problem solving, negotiating and resolving conflict
Ability to stay organized while prioritizing multiple tasks and projects
Excellent written and oral communication/presentation skills
Ability to self-manage with stellar time-management skills
Ability to work off-hours when necessary to meet deadlines
Excellent interpersonal skills
Analytical thinker with a hunger for data
3-5 years of web, mobile web or mobile app management experience
5+ years experience as a producer, editor, community manager or relevant experience (2+ years within the ecommerce space preferred)
Bachelor's Degree required or equivalent experience
2-3 years experience within a major consumer brand or digital agency
Experience with managing cross-functional internal and external workflows
Experience with Content Management Systems
Must be able to see and communicate to effectively carry out duties.
Excellent command of the English language; i.e. grammar, spelling, writing, etc.
REPORTS TO: AVP, Digital
STAFF RESPONSIBILITIES: 3-4 team members
LOCATION/TRAVEL: New York based. Overnight travel to Columbus approximately monthly.
About Victoria's Secret
Victoria's Secret is the best lingerie brand in the world and dominates the global marketplace. There is no close second. Our name has become synonymous with all things feminine and sexy-from lingerie and sleepwear, to beauty products, to swim, sport and beyond. Whether shopping our stores, catalogue or website, or watching the Victoria's Secret Angels on the runway of the world's biggest fashion show, Victoria's Secret brings fantasy to life. We're innovative and have evolved and stayed relevant for 35+ years because of our fundamental belief that the customer rules!