To apply, email this job to yourself and open on a desktop to submit your application.
The Assortment Planner generates and analyzes statistical data on categories with a focus on assortment and space optimization. Responsibilities include: brokering individual store space to optimize sales, align tier/segment targets in support of critical business initiatives and budget objectives, develop a financial view of recommended style and choice counts at a category tier/segment level, and leverage choice productivity measurements to drive assortment decisions.
Reports to: Manager, Assortment Planning.
- Report and analyze current tier/segment performance on a floor set, monthly and seasonal basis. Review for opportunities to optimize assortment and space productivity.
- Broker store space by category based on selling patterns to optimize store sales in support of seasonal strategies.
- Create a financial view of recommended newness flow by tier.
- Partner with merchandise planning to ensure chain financials account for store cluster/tier assignments, targeted choice count and productivity.
- Develop and maintain financial benchmarks of style/choice productivity by category and class.
- Mine for regional assortment opportunities based on financials and qualitative store feedback to further drive store productivity.
- Partner with merchants and visual to align financial recommendation with store visual impression.
- Build tools to create efficiencies in analyses.
- Champion change, taking risks as needed and demonstrating flexibility
- 3 to 5 years of experience in merchandise or centralized planning
- Excellent analytical skills
- Expert command of retail finance concepts and applications
- Strong statistical analysis skills
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent organizational, prioritizing and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated leadership and decision-making skills
- Ability to work well within a team environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Access
- Strong system skills capabilities
- Bachelor's degree in Business related field
PINK, a member of the L Brands family, is the dominant aspirational lifestyle brand for the collegiate girl. VS Pink celebrates campus life through its assortment of sleepwear, loungewear and bras and panties designed to appeal to the spirit, humor, optimism and self-confidence of the girl who wears, loves and lives PINK.